Once in a while, each individual would want to take a day off from work or from the busy city life. However, with a minimal and sometimes even no budget at all, this remains to be an elusive dream. With a lot of vacation destinations and hotel accommodations today, surely you can find one that’s fit for your budget. How? Read below for some tips.
1. Don’t go with the flow. The common trend for people these days is almost everyone wants to go on vacation at the same time making accommodations more in demand thus their sky-high rates. Schedule your vacation when it’s highly unlikely for people to go on a trip, much more a vacation.
2. Watch out for daily hotel deals. Depending on the season, hotels offer substantial discounts to their rates and this does not happen everyday. Make sure you are present when that day happens and book immediately if you see one because prices are only guaranteed once they are booked.
3. Call the hotel directly for reservation. Seasoned travelers don’t rely totally on online reservations. What they usually do is look for hotel accommodations online but they call the hotel when they are ready to book. What travelers don’t know is that online companies only get a certain rate from the hotels and these rates are not the same when booking at the hotel directly. Most of the time, the hotel’s rates are far cheaper than those offered online. Remember to call the hotel directly and not just their 1-800 number.
4. Share rooms with a friend or book a package. This is very ideal for people who want to save money for fancy drinks, spa, and other perks of the place. However, if you have enough to spare, feel free to have your own room. You can also opt for packages that should include the airfare, hotel, and car rental. Usually packages have cheaper rates compared to booking these components individually.
5. Take advantage of coupon books. According to hoteliers, coupons that are offered by the owners of individual stores are way cheaper compared to the rates advertised by websites. This is a lesson for travelers who always rely on online reservations. However, make sure to know the breakdown of what you are paying to avoid surprising hidden charges.